Friday, August 7, 2009

The Priesthood

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the priesthood and how amazing it is and how amazing the poeple are that hold it.
Two fabulous examples........ when I got sick a few weeks ago and I was in a podunk little E.R. in Panguitch UT, sorry if you are from there!!!:) We decided to that I needed a blessing and had asked a nurse if there happened to be anyone around who held the priesthood around, they said yes, well beknownst to us, unfortunately that person had left for the night by this point it was almost midnight. And then in came a man completely dressed in his church clothing, one of the nurses had called her uncle and he had generously gotten dressed and made his way to the hospital for a complete stranger let alone the fact that who knows if he had been asleep at that hour.
Another that has a weird but amazing place in my heart. A dear friend of mine from my single years and I went on a little adventure that involved going in a cave that is no longer open to due to the danger. Well there are parts to this cave that a so slim that you have to shimmy on you tummy to get thru. So we were emptying our pockets of everything possible. And my friend took his key chain and took all of the keys of but his car key and one other item, his small oil flask for blessing. I, in immature youth, was amazed and releaved that he would think of and be so strong as to keep it with him.
Anyway, for some reason I have been thinking so much of some amazing men in my life who have forever blessed my life with there presence and i wanted to thank them, even though I am sure most will never read this I feel a strong pull to do so anyway.

To my dear Bishop Swenson. The man who got me thru the best and worst parts of my life, literally. He is the most loving and amazing men you will ever meet. Not only that but when I was trying so desperately to get a friend to come back to church I finally convinced to come and for probably the first time in her life she felt the pure love of a bishop. Now she is active, sealed in the temple and has two boys and another on the way who are all blessed by the priesthood in thier lives as well as the church. I don't think that I could ever think of the hardest times in my life and not think of him and his loving support.

To Mark, how he is still single is beyond me!!! One of the greatest, smartest, most humble people I know. He is an amazing example to me and always will be. His quarky funny side will make me laugh every time. He is also beyond an amazing dancer, oh the good times we shared. Even the times we didn't want to stop dancing when the dances were over and we danced in the parking lot. ahhhhh what a great friend. Any of my single friends reading this, he is a catch and a keeper.

To Ricky, funny that I am writing about an ex boyfriend on this thing, but I can attribute a good portion of my understanding of following the spirit to our relationship and everything that transpired from it. He was strong to tell me that he couldn't keep me from going on a mission. How dare he, I know, but it forever changed my life and taught me a great lesson in listening to the spirit.

To all the men I grew up with, that took us to girls camp and listened all of us girls giggle at activities, how they kept thier sanity is beyond me. There are to many to name and mention but every single one of them were an example of doing thier duties and doing them well.

And to my very best friend and person who has held me up and helped me through a lot in my life. My husband, Robb. He is an amazing example of making it through anything and having the strength to carry on. The person who has supported me and loved me, even when we disagree. Blessed me with getting to enjoy having the priesthood in my home and being able to share my testimony with him, even though I don't do it as often as I should. I love him for everything that he has done for us and our family and his willingness to do whatever it takes. I love you!!!!!

5 comments:

April said...

I agree that the Priesthood is awesome! Thanks for sharing your testimony of it!

Eric and Shaunna said...

That was a wonderful blog entry to read! I agree, we are truly to have the priesthood on this earth!

Hope your are doing well!

~Shaunna

Eric and Shaunna said...

that's supposed to say we are truly BLESSED to have the priesthood...anyway...

Hansen said...

All I have to say is I love you for what you did, you saved my life... You are my bestest friend ever, I will NEVER forget what you did for me. Thank you!!!

Eric and Shaunna said...

Hey there, stranger...I haven't heard from you in a while, I was just hoping that things were okay in your life~