Saturday, February 28, 2009

She's here!!!


















I love daddy daughter pictures like these they make me happy. The first picture is Ruth's first night with us in her very cutest P.J.'s I seriously had to make a decisions on which ones she was going to where first. Then the other one is her first day at home. Daddy was tired cause those fold out bed's at the hospital aren't the best.




This Ruth all bundled up and ready to go home. I am super paranoid about the cold weather so she has the cute little coat and the cute pink cover.






This is Ruh's going home outfit. Another thing I pondered over for a very long time. But I got the approval of the hospital nurse's they loved her outfit too. It was a winner that is for sure. And the bow was from the hospital and it happend to just go so well with it, her daddy picked it out for her first picture the hospital 'cause he knew I would love it.

And here is Ruth with her big brother. He has been absolutely amazing with her. He remembers to wash his hands or use hand sanitizer and he will just sit there and hold her and give her kisses. He is so cute with her.


















So, after going three days past my due date my doctor decided to not let me go any longer than that due to her two vessel cord he didn't want it to cause any problems. So Monday morning I checked into to the hospital at 7:45, by 8:30 I had a dose of pitosin in my system and little while later I had my water broken. When the nurse checked me at 8:45 I was at a 2. After my doctor broke my water he said "See you in about 12 hours." By 10:00 I was crying cause I was in so much pain, my contractions were one on top of the other and very strong. When my nurse checked me again I was at a 6, so they decided I was going way fast. Really, no way, I would have never guessed?!?! I warned my doctor a few weeks ago that my family has a history of fast deliveries, he didn't believe me. So at 11:15 I was at a 7 and we called my mom to let her know and she came over after that. Because I was going so fast the epidural that they gave me wasn't going in fast enough and soon after they had started it the contractions were still really strong and painful, they gave me a stronger dose. Also because I was going so fast they weren't getting my antibiotics in fast enough so they had to put it in faster, and if any of you know what that is like, I feel so sorry that you even know, I felt like punched my shoulder repeatedly and then stuck it in a freezer. Anyway, so at 1:00 I was at a 10 and my nurse had me do some practice pushes, after two she realized that this was going to go fast and called the doctor. After just three pushes our baby Ruth was here at 1:24 PM. She weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces and was a wopping 18 inches long. Her pediatrician came in on Tuesday morning to check her out she was healthy as could be just a little too much bilirubin (sp) so Friday we had to go get it tested again and it was fine.

She has the typical new baby grey eyes. She has a little bit of blonde hair and she pretty much has every one of her dad's facial features and looks exactly like her brother. We must proudly say she is a absolutely beautiful.

Anyway, we have now been home for three days. Ruth has an over supply of milk, lucky me. And the best part is, Ruth knows what the night time is for, the first night was kind of rough, but the last two we have had a consistan 5 hourse where she has slept, lucky us. She is a very pleasant little baby and so much fun. Her least favorite thing in this world is diaper changing, surprise, surprise. But besides that we get along great.

We have introduced her to the dog, which went quite well, and now Kiyo has begun to be the over protective big brother. I had Ruth in the swing this morning and she started to cry, I was letting her cry herself to sleep and he paced in front of the swing and would look at me and then at her and whine and do it over and over again until she fell asleep and then he layed down in front of the swing and watched the swing go back and forth.

The kids love her. Even Ethan will sit and hold her for long lengths of time and kiss her forhead and love on her. Katiya and Ethan have been such a big help and are doing great with adjusting to having to share their time with us.












3 comments:

Nielsen Familia said...

Congratulations Tic Tac! She is beautiful!

April said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations to you all. I am glad that everything we went (for the most part) and that she is here.

Again, congrats!