Wednesday, February 11, 2009

DId I mention

That I only have 9 days left until my due date. Because of my situation my doctor said that he would be willing to induce me when I am 2-3 CM dilated, the bad thing is I don't see him again until Monday. In the mean time, I am tired, like tired tired. Like I have had the stomach flu, the run around the mill cold, and the knock out drack out give you a fever and the chills flu all in the last month and that is all working a job that requires my attention A LOT. Plus throw in two more kids a couple days of the week and every other weekend and we get a grand total of 8, while I lug around an extra 30 pounds in front of me.
So, did I mention that I am tired?!?!?! Last night I had a surprise baby shower, and not that I was happy, but we were just coming home and my plans were to go to my room and take a nice long bath and relax before 9 pm, cause that is a rarity. And to my surprise my living room was full of people. I had a moment of pure drudgery, where I had to convince myself that I could live through this too. Then this morning I woke up to the pile of gifts staring back at me as well as a bathroom that was atrocious. So to the laundry I went and on to the bathroom, which I half heartedly just took clorox wipes to and called it good, forget the scrubber and the ultra duty clean, that will have to wait, maybe one day I will have the energy, but for now, my leaning over a huge tummy and stretching across the tub to make sure at least I keep the worst of the grime at bay, I will deal and so will my poor husband, until he realizes how absolutely horrible our bathroom looks and he decides that it needs help.
In the mean time I try to catch a cat nap, which is rare as well, considering I am not a person that sleeps when the sun is up. And those are amazing moments when it does. Not only that, I will continue to sleep partial nights, when I try to turn over and it turns into a complete fiasco just to get comfortable and then Robb get's the hair brained idea to roll over and breath in my face, which for any of you that know me I can't stand people breathing in my face. So, it is off to rolling back over to the other side, going through the same process, move the body pillow, adjust the pillows, shift my tummy, adjust the legs, fix the blankets (or just kick them off cause I am too hot or too tired to care) fling an arm over the side of the bed and hope I don't wake up the dog and he decide that my hand is his new play toy and maybe just maybe I can make it a few hours without my kneck getting stiff or having contractions.
And today is my last day off until my due date. So let's see how my tired self does for an entire week of 4 girls being out of school, which means constant supervision 9 am - 9 pm, keeping them entertained and keeping myself sane, is that possible??? If I am lucky it will only be a week, here's to hoping that I am dilated and I can be enduced next week.

2 comments:

Linds said...

keep hangin in there! I swear that last stretch is the hardest, but it is SO worth it when you are holding that little baby in your arms!

The Bakers said...

Oh hunny! Boy do I know how you feel. Cry a lot call your mom and eat chocolate. Nothing fixes it, sorry but soon you will be done. I slept on my stomach this morning it was amazing! Good luck sweetie you can always call and complain to me cause I so get it.